I Bleed Maroon blood drive underway
The 2nd-annual United Blood Services I Bleed Maroon blood drive kicked off Sunday [April 10] at Mississippi State and continues through Friday [April 15]. Two hundred and twenty units were collected during last year's event, and organizers hope to collect 300 pints of blood during the week.
Donors will receive a free t-shirt and points toward special gifts like movie tickets, gift cards and ice cream. They also will be entered into a daily prize package drawing.
Blood donors must be at least 16 years old and weigh at least 110 pounds. If a donor is under age 22, there are other height and weight requirements. Learn more at unitedbloodservices.org.
The eight blood drives that comprise I Bleed Maroon will be held:
* Sunday [April 10], Rice Hall, 4-8:30 p.m., hosted by MSU Army ROTC.
* Monday [April 11], Colvard Student Union, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., hosted by Black Student Association.
* Tuesday [April 12], Colvard Student Union, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., hosted by Collegiate Cattleman’s Association with free hamburgers for donors.
* Wednesday [April 13], College of Veterinary Medicine, noon-5 p.m., hosted by VOICE and SCAVMA student veterinary groups.
* Wednesday [April 13] Fraternity Row next to SAE house, 4-9 p.m., hosted by MSU Chapter, American Marketing Association.
* Thursday, April 14], Longest Student Health Center, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., hosted by Health Service Volunteers.
* Thursday [April 14], Colvard Student Union, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., hosted by Empowering Minorities in Accounting and Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance.
* Friday [April 15], Barnes & Noble at MSU, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
For additional information, please visit www.unitedbloodservices.org or contact United Blood Services Donor Recruitment Representative Caroline Pugh at 662-842-8871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.