Zacharias Distinguished Staff Award nominations due this week
Staff Council needs your help nominating outstanding Mississippi State University employees for the Zacharias Distinguished Staff Award. Twelve winners will be presented with a plaque of recognition and a check for $1,000. Awards will be announced at the annual Luncheon in the Junction on May 12 at noon.
To be eligible for the award the nominee must be classified as a professional or support staff employee, be in good standing, work at least half-time, have a minimum of three years service, have never been a recipient of the award, and meet the following nomination criteria:
1. Exemplifies professionalism and dedication to MSU by performing beyond the call of duty to improve service, quality, and image of the department/unit.
2. Serves as a positive role model for other faculty, staff, and/or students.
3. Demonstrates outstanding accomplishments of significance based on initiative, cooperation, and ability to perform a job successfully.
4. Demonstrates a high degree of competence and expertise.
5. Works beyond the boundaries of the job by participating in university or community service projects.
Nomination forms will be accepted from MSU administrators, faculty, staff and students. Previous winners may be viewed at www.staffcouncil.msstate.edu/zachawards/pastwinners.
The nominator must complete a nomination form (pdf format) at www.staffcouncil.msstate.edu/zachawards/nomination. This form can be filled out at the pdf format link and printed, or you may pick-up a paper copy from Kelly LaSalle at 108 Memorial Hall.
Please provide as much information as possible for each section. If you are unsure, please ask others or the nominee for assistance in completing the form. A letter of support is not required. If additional space is needed, attach an additional page. A maximum of five total pages, including the nomination form, are allowed. Additional pages will not be reviewed.
The nomination deadline is Friday [March 31]. The form should be sent to Marc Measells at Mail Stop 9681, Department of Forestry, Mississippi State, MS 39762 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.